Cascadia Climate Action . . . Providing Tools for the Grassroots Activist
Our website provides tools to help climate activists find the action opportunities that work best for them – what to do, when to do it, and where! Our event calendar can help anyone find something to join with others to protect the planet for a livable future. Working with all segments of the Climate Community, we are eliminating hurdles that can hinder concerned people from taking critical action now . . . before it’s too late.
- Find a forum to hear how coal trains impact your community
- Join a demonstration to capture public and political attention on getting money out of politics
- Submit oral or written comments at a regulatory hearing that could result in reducing fossil fuel emissions
- Write compelling letters to representatives or newspapers on climate issues you care most about
No need to waste your time…
- Hunting through webpages to find the exact time and location of the planning meeting that you wanted to join,
- Trying to determine what upcoming event on a proposed fossil fuel export terminal would be most effective for you,
- Searching emails for that notice that you know you got about an march to protest being left out of important decisions affecting the severity of climate change.
- Missing a critical comment period deadline because you couldn’t find the address where they needed to be sent.
At the core of the Cascadia Climate Action‘s tool kit is a comprehensive calendar listing of climate events throughout the region. An alternative to swarms of emails and notices, the Cascadia Climate Action calendar gathers upcoming climate events and actions in one place. No matter what your favorite organization or issue, you find something that fits your schedule and piques your interest!
A Tracking Tool to Watch Action Build
With this Tool for Tracking Climate Action from OurVolts, you can see your efforts build up, along with those of others in the Cascadia Community. [There is a Mobile App version, also!]
Use these tools to help plan and track your climate action. We encourage you to… become informed, get involved, and start making a difference!