- Wednesday, February 27th, 2019
- Optimism Brewing Company, 1158 Broadway, Seattle WA 98122
- Description: Cascadia Climate Action is bringing Climate Science on Tap to Optimism Brewing for the first time with a fascinating panel discussion on how climate science and concerned citizens can drive climate action in law and policy. Our panel will share their experience communicating climate science and the impact of global warming to change policy and stop climate change. Attorney Andrea Rodgers with Our Children’s Trust Children’s will share her work on behalf of youth plaintiffs in the case of Juliana v U.S. She will be joined by scientist Pete Erickson, Stockholm Environment Institute, and Stephen Gardiner PhD, a climate ethicist from the UW Dept of Philosophy, for the moderated panel discussion.
- Andrea Rogers, JD, Attorney with Our Children’s Trust*
- Peter Erickson, Scientist at Stockholm Environment Institute*
- Stephen Gardiner, PhD, University of Washington, Department of Philosophy*
- Moderated by P. Sean McDonald PhD, UW Program of the Environment & UW School of Aquatics and Fishery Sciences.*
*Note: Affiliation for identification purposes only.
Organized with the support and collaboration of:
Logistical & Planning Support – Ellen Jesse, Ericka Berg, Liepa Braciulyte, Anna Ellermeier, and Lola Behrens; and Interns from UW Program on the Environment: Eden Cypher, Gabriella Chilczuk, Jon Doyle, and Pooja Kumar.