Getting involved with groups and organizations for climate change action can begin by attending a meeting of one or more groups that interest you. This will give you an idea of whether their mission and approach fits with your values, skills and interests.
Climate Action Groups typically meet monthly on the same day, such as the following:
- 350 Seattle.org (Seattle): 1st Wednesday (6:30-8:30 pm)
- Sierra Club & Beyond Coal Washington (Seattle): 3rd Thursday (6:30-8:30 pm)
- Citizens Climate Lobby with National Conference Call (Seattle): 1st Saturday (10:00-12:00 am)
- Green Drinks (Bellingham): 1st Wednesday (5:00-7:00 pm)
- Green Drinks (Seattle): 2nd Tuesday (5:30-7:30 pm)
- Local 20/20 (Port Townsend): 2nd Thursday (2:00-4:00 pm)
The dates that these organizations and others meet are reflected on the following Meeting Calendar, which to the extent possible also reflects any cancelations, rescheduling, or venue changes. However, it is advisable to confirm with the organization prior to the meeting. If you know of changes or new meeting info, please submit it to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other Groups Whose Work is aligned with addressing climate causes, impacts and solutions:
- Seattle Green Spaces Coalition: Their goal is to keep Seattle’s lands in public hands through neighborhood action. Formed by ordinary residents, Seattle Green Spaces Coalition is inspiring people to take action to re-imagine and appreciate Seattle’s green space, and have fun doing it! For more information see their website or Facebook page. They meet bi-weekly on Sunday afternoons usually in branch libraries around the city.
If your organization would like to be shown here send your information to us at: email@example.com.